What does the Blizzard Fall Program and Fee cover?
Blizzard Fall Tournaments and Games
- The Blizzard Gold teams will participate 4-5 tournaments in Minnesota. Teams will also have the option to travel out of state after the fall season to Kansas City, Las Vegas, Florida, etc.
- Tournament fees paid (includes insurance for games and practices)
- Gate fees paid
- Coaches fees (plane ticket, hotel, meal, practice, etc.)
- Fees do not include – airline tickets and meal money
Blizzard Fall Training and Games
- Blizzard players ages 10u-18u will play in the AFBL fall season which includes two 3-game series in August and September. If there are not enough teams at the 10u and 11u age level, we will play in the MYAS Fall League which runs from September 11th – October 2nd.
- Umpire fees, website fees, field fees, field maintenance, admin fee included
- Blizzard website page / www.blizzardelitebaseball.com
Blizzard Fall Facility Membership and Lessons
- Each player receives a Player Membership through January 1st enabling them access to the Blizzard Baseball Academy (at the Vadnais Heights or Edina location) to hit, throw, workout or even do their homework. Open Hitting times will be subject to availability. *Note* All players required to wear to wear Blizzard Shirt and Hat for access.
- Lesson Discounts (through January 1st)
- Individual Lessons - $90/hour (normally $95)
Blizzard Fall Coaches
- Assistant Coaches this year will be primarily a roving instructor specifically chosen by each team’s head coach. We will have 2-4 coaches at winter practice this year and will also bring to our tournaments roving instructors and coaches based on coach availability and tournament.
Blizzard Fall Uniforms, Apparel and Equipment
- Uniform provided includes:
- Blizzard jersey
- Blizzard hat
- Blizzard undershirt
- Equipment (will be provided if needed)
- Balls / Bats / whiffle balls, etc.
- Players are responsible for white pants,
- Please wear Blizzard's dominant colored sleeves (royal blue or black) – no off-color sleeves. Stirrups are allowed (and encouraged!)
Blizzard Fall Practices
- Approx. 15 team practices (August-mid October)
- 2x week at either Inver Grove Heights / Century College / Concordia St. Paul / Blizzard Academy (Vadnais Heights / Edina)
- Saturday Practices – Times TBA
- Week Day Practice Times - TBA
- Practice location:
- Blizzard Academy - 3200 Labore Road, Suite 102 - Vadnais Hts.
- Blizzard Academy West Side - 4707 Washington Ave. S - Edina
Our coaches will run a prepared, efficient and a results-based practice that will include: hitting, fielding and throwing instruction plus live pitching and at-bats to get prepared for tournaments.
Players of all ages are encouraged to come to other practices if they cannot make their own or if they would like to get additional reps in.
Blizzard Fall Game and Practice Fields
- Practice and game fields are covered by your Blizzard fee. Once late fall arrives and the snow flies, teams will practice indoors at Blizzard Baseball Academy in Vadnais Heights, MN. An additional fee may be added if for additional practices or additional winter games.
Blizzard Fall Showcases
- We will hold a fall showcase for our Blizzard players (ages 15u-18u) but players must register separately.
Blizzard Performance Center - Strength Training !
- As a part of the Blizzard program this year, all players will have the opportunity to enroll into our Blizzard Performance Center, an advanced training program for baseball players and athletes. This program will focus on making our players faster, stronger and quicker by going through baseball specific workouts geared toward our players who want to take their game to the next level - whether it is arm strength, a quicker 60-yard dash time or vertical leap, this program is designed for the intense and results-based athlete.
- Shoulder/Elbow Consultations and Arm Rehab with Twin Cities Orthopedics
- We also have a formal partnership with Twin Cities Orthopedics as our primary medical provider and consultant with our athletes.
Blizzard Fall Developmental and College Consultations
- The ultimate goal for any junior and senior is the opportunity to play after high school. Looking for colleges, being recruited and who to talk to can sometimes be a complicated and confusing process before you graduate high school. Our staff provides free college consultations to both players and parents offering helpful advice to make the recruiting process easier and less stressful.
- 100% of our players have had the opportunity to play college and/or pro ball after high school. Our goal is to keep that stat the same every year. From making personal calls to coaches and scouts, writing letters of recommendation to helping players with homework, our goal is to see our players succeed.
- And while it’s too early to get into serious detail about college at ages 10u-15u, it’s not too early to discuss what steps need to be taken in the development of a player. Much like our consultations with our college-bound players, we sit down with younger players and families and give assessments of where players currently are and what he needs to work on to progress to the next level.
Blizzard Elite Team Bonding – August (date TBA)
- ‘Family’, ‘Best Friends’ and ‘Brothers’ are all terms that our players use when they are involved in the Blizzard program. Having talented players isn’t the only thing a team needs to win championships. Playing together and playing for each other are just as important. We’ve implemented team outings and bonding days where the entire team will enjoy time with their teammates outside the lines.
- Team quizzes, games, camp fires, specific team outings and our ‘Blizzard Circle’ are just some of the activities the Blizzard players and coaches go through in one of the biggest Blizzard events of the year. Many former players remember this weekend as their best time during their Blizzard playing years!
Location for this event changes annually. In years past, we have stayed at: Kimball Retreat, Jordan Ropes Course, Shakopee Bowl, Roseville Athletic Center.